What is LATISSE?
LATISSE solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, which makes them longer, thicker and darker.
How does LATISSE work?LATISSE is believed to affect the growth (anagen) phase of the eyelash hair cycle in two ways: it increases the length of this phase; and, it increases the number of hairs in this growth phase.
How soon does LATISSE work?LATISSE users may see results starting at 4 weeks with full results after 16 weeks. The growth is gradual overnight, over time.
What are some potential side effects of using LATISSE?The most common side effects after using LATISSE solution are an itching sensation in the eyes and/or eye redness. This was reported in approximately 4% of patients.
LATISSE solution may cause other less common side effects which typically occur on the skin close to where LATISSE is applied, or in the eyes. These include skin darkening, eye irritation, eye dryness, and redness of the eyelids.
Can Latisse cause my eyes to change color?Eye color change – iris pigmentation – was not reported in the LATISSE clinical trials. Iris pigmentation has occurred in patients who applied similar medications directly into the eye to treat elevated intraocular pressure/glaucoma.
Keep in mind that the amount of product applied to the base of the upper eyelashes is only 5% of the volume vs. when applied directly into the eye. Most of LATISSE is absorbed by the skin at the upper eyelid margin.
How To Apply LATISSE:
- Before applying LATISSE each night, ensure your face is clean, makeup and contact lenses are removed, and any other facial care products have already been applied.
- Remove an applicator from its tray. Then, holding the sterile applicator horizontally, place one drop of LATISSE solution on the area of the applicator closest to the tip but not on the tip.
- Immediately draw the applicator carefully along the skin at the base of the upper eyelashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin) just as you would apply liquid eyeliner. This area should feel lightly moist without runoff.
- Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid with a tissue.
- Dispose of the applicator after one use. Repeat for opposite eyelid, using a new sterile applicator to help minimize any potential for contamination from one eyelid to another.
Please note- Latisse can only be purchased by patients of Dr. Tareen's who have been medically evaluated and/or have completed appropriate consent forms. As a prescription product, Latisse is not available for online purchase and the cost of Latisse 5 mL at Tareen Dermatology is $189.00, Please stop into Tareen Dermatology to purchase Latisse if you are not a current patient.
Please call 651-633-6883 or email contact@tareendermatology to order.